Knowledgeable Counsel You Can Rely On

  1. Home
  2.  » Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Turn to James T. Ryan Attorney and Counsellor at Law, for clear guidance and answers to your questions about legal matters in Connecticut.

Do I Need To Have An Attorney For A Real Estate Transaction?

Although an individual can represent himself or herself, if the individual either has, or is getting, a mortgage, an attorney is needed. The transaction is more complex than clients generally recognize, and a capable real estate attorney makes the transaction run more smoothly and eliminates problems before they crop up at the closing table.

At What Point In A Real Estate Transaction Should I Consult An Attorney?

Clearly, you should do so before you sign any documents with the other side in the transaction. Those documents may well be binding and severely limit your flexibility as the transaction progresses. Ideally, you should confer with an attorney before signing anything so that you will have someone exclusively on your side from whom you may seek guidance at any stage of the transaction.

Does Everyone Need A Will?

Every adult should have a will as even those without significant assets may have a change of fortune before they die. A living will is also recommended, including medical directives and the appointment of a health care agent to ensure that the individual’s health care wishes will be carried out.

How Can I Get Personalized Answers To Law-Related Questions?

More questions? An initial consultation with attorney Ryan will help to clear up your questions and concerns. To schedule a videoconference or an in-person meeting in his Woodbury law offices, call 203-405-0109 or complete the simple online inquiry form.